You’re getting the great open source backup solution known as Bacula up and running. The interface can be a bit tricky to work with and backups can be large and verbose. How do you check that your backups are including all the files you intend?
- You can run the following
list files JobId=10743
- The problem is that it may blow out your terminal
- Or say you want to compare two jobs
- One easy way is to send the output to a file
- Enter the following before your command(s)
- You can change the filename as well.
*list files JobId=12345
- You can do as many commands as you like here
- Then you’ll have a text file with the same output you would’ve seen in bconsole.